We are still open for business, while adhering to current guidelines.
COVID-19 Company Update - 5th January 2021
Following the update from the Government on 4th January 2021, you can still put your home on the market to sell or rent, look for properties to move into, physically view properties, have a survey carried out and move home. Understandably there are guidelines to follow; this is how we’ll be handling things at blakestanley…
A video viewing will be offered initially. If a client is seriously interested in a property, a physical viewing can be offered following strict guidelines as follows:
• You must cancel your viewing if you are suffering any symptoms of the Coronavirus.
• You must make your own way to the property and meet our Property Consultant outside.
• Only one person or one household may visit the property at any one time, with a maximum of three people (excluding children under 14 years old) in the household entering the property with our Property Consultant at a time.
• You will be required to wear a mask and to sanitise your hands.
• You must not touch anything in the property or its grounds.
• The occupier of the property will be asked to leave the property for the duration of the viewing or stay distanced by a minimum of 2 metres.
• All doors, cupboards etc will be opened by the occupier in advance or by our Property Consultant. Should you require anything to be opened during the viewing please ask the Property Consultant to do this.
We are able to continue offering video market appraisals, however should a physical appraisal be required we can do this following these guidelines:
• The occupier will vacate the property during the appraisal, or all parties will maintain a minimum one metre distance.
• The occupier will ensure that the property is well ventilated prior to the appointment.
• The occupier will open all doors in advance of the appointment where possible.
• Our Property Consultant will wear a mask and sanitise their hands. They will not touch anything in the property unless absolutely necessary.
Our offices are open with a skeleton staff and we ask that you call or email the office instead of visiting. Each office will be following these guidelines:
• Only one customer/one household may enter an office at a time by appointment only. Should our staff be dealing with another client, please kindly wait outside the office following the Government social distancing guidelines.
• There will be a clearly marked designated client area in each office.
• Each member of our team will have a designated working area based a minimum of one metre from their colleagues and clients.
• Where possible, all documentation will be processed online.
We will be following the Government advice throughout these unprecedented times, adjusting our procedures as and when necessary, whilst keeping the safety of our staff and clients at our utmost priority at all times.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.